Caldwell Stone seeks to provide it’s customers with a consistent product to match many different construction and residential applications.
Some of our aggregates are specialized including:
Concrete Aggregate – We provide approved aggregate for concrete use.
Construction Aggregate – Caldwell Stone provides building materials for many different construction projects such as: roads, buildings – both commercial and residential -, bridges, erosion control, driveways, asphalt pavement and foundations. We also provide state approved material for highways in both asphalt mixes and base material.
Aglime – Our aglime is used to neutralize the acidity in soils. We provide a very fine aglime produced through an air classifier, which improves it’s effectiveness.
Our list of standard crushed stone sizes
are as follows:
- DGA – Dense Graded Aggregate (Rock 1″ max with fines blended in)
- 610’s – (Rock 1″ top size with crusher run)
- CSB – Crushed Stone Base – (Rock 1.5″ max with fines blended in)
Clean Stone (no dust)
- 23’s or 2’s – (1″-3″ rock with no fines,
size of a fist)
- 4’s – (.75″-1.5″ rock with no fines,
size of a Hen egg)
- 57’s – (.5″-1″ rock with no fines,
size plastic bottle cap)
- 8’s – (.25″-.5″ rock with no fines,
size of a marble)
- CIS or DD#10– manufactured limestone sand – (3/16″ down to dust)
Rip Rap (erosion control)
- Class II Rip Rap – (5″-9″ rock, softball size
to cantaloupe size)
- Class III Rip Rap – (6″-18″ rock, basketball size to car tire size)